Flying Walking Stick




Subject: Flying Walking Stick

Designer: Robert Lang

Paper: 38*38 cm. Origamido paper

Notes:

Origamido paper is a godsend.

Seriously. I don't know what Michael LaFosse does, but it works, and mere mortals such as myself are beyond lucky to have access to it. This model is constructed via box pleating on a 74*74 grid, like this.

Yes, that's actually the crease pattern. Seventy-four, by seventy-four. (Annoyingly, my paper had almost exactly the right dimensions to make each grid square half a centimeter wide--that is, 37 cm by 37 cm.)

Here's a photo of my crease pattern, in progress:


And, finished:

 

There aren't any instructions, by the way-just a crease pattern and a final picture. (This is from Origami Design Secrets.) So yeah, that was difficult. Worth it? Maybe. Will I ever do it again? Absolutely not. But for what it's worth, I'm glad I tried it.

Comments