Otachi

 

Subject: Otachi

Designer: Marcus Ho

Paper: 35*35 cm. Origamido paper


Happy Valentine's Day! The kaiju Otachi from Pacific Rim doesn't really have anything to do with Valentine's Day (or does she?) but I had an impulse to finally make this model recently and I thought I'd share it anyway.

Otachi has been a long time coming--I first drafted the model back in the Epsilon Camp days, working on it on and off over the years. My final drafts proved too complex for even my largest Japanese foil, which always ended up splitting due to the accumulated layers in the back. I waited until I was sure my paper could handle it, which meant purchasing some Origamido in the right color. Turns out she's just too big for my small photo box (I don't have my large one at the moment) but I hope you can appreciate it despite that.

Comments